The North Carolina Self Storage Association is an association that aims to provide its members with quality standards, proper guidance, networking opportunities and credibility for the self storage industry. The Association is made up of owner/operators whose facilities range from one unit operators to multiple facility owners with thousands of rental units, as well as associate members that represent vendors that serve the industry as well as those individuals who are interested in getting involved.
- Membership Listing - NCSSA can help prospective customers find you! The Association website is an excellent marketing tool for members. Each member company that is listed in the database that is searchable by both members and the general public.
- Auction Postings – Auction postings on the NCSSA website are FREE for members. The auction calendar can be viewed by anyone looking to obtain details about auctions across the state.
The NCSSA retains a lobbyist to monitor legislative issues, discuss possible plans of action and keep the membership informed of current political matters.
Access to Resources & Information
- Website – The NCSSA website is a rich source of information for members. It houses forms, presentations, newsletters, the Member's Only Question & Answer Forum and much more industry related information.
- Newsletter – Your membership also includes a subscription to the quarterly electronic newsletter. The newsletter provides information and keeps members informed of current affairs in the industry and upcoming events within the association.
- Standardized Lease – Save money by using the NCSSA’s attorney-approved lease instead of hiring someone to create one for you. Use of the NCSSA lease is reserved for current members only.
- Auction Checklist – Ensure that you are in full compliance of the NC lien law by following the steps on the auction checklist.
- Convention - Hear about the latest services and products straight from the source! See what issues fellow owners and operators are facing at their facilities. Join in the discussion about hot topics. There will be sessions with topics of interest to managers, owners and vendors. NCSSA members can attend the Southeastern Self Storage Convention & Tradeshow at a discounted member rate.
- Seminars (February/May/August) - Register for a regional training seminar to expand your knowledge on topics such as marketing, customer service, auction process, etc.
Affiliation with the national Self Storage Association (SSA)
The NCSSA is an authorized affiliate of the SSA. Because of the affiliation, each NCSSA member receives an annual subscription to the SSA Globe magazine and free call-in attendance to SSA’s On-line University live Webinars.
The Self Storage Legal Network (SSLN)
As a member of NCSSA you are eligible for The Self Storage Legal Network's Affiliate and Small Operator Membership Plan. This Membership Plan has been designed specifically for the smaller self storage operator that is not a member of the national Self Storage Association but is a member in good standing of a state Self Storage Association that is affiliated with the national Self Storage Association. Click the logo above for more information.
Find out what other facilities are doing. They may have encountered the same issues as you and can suggest a solution. There are many opportunities for networking and socializing at the seminars and convention. The NCSSA maintains an online membership directory that is constantly growing with the addition of new members. The directory helps facilitate networking with other self storage industry professionals in North Carolina.
The North Carolina Self Storage Association is an association that aims to provide its members with quality standards, proper guidance, networking opportunities and credibility for the self storage industry. The association is made up of owner/operators whose facilities range from one unit operators to multiple facility owners with thousands of rental units, as well as associate members that represent vendors that serve the industry as well as those individuals who are interested in getting involved.
Need to pay by check? Download, print and mail the NCSSA Application to:
1001 North Fairfax Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Attn: Claire Szabo
If your membership has lapsed and you need to renew, please use one of the following links: