The North Carolina Self Storage Association has five standing committees. Below are the descriptions and rosters of each. All association members are invited to get involved!
- Serves as the editorial board for the association’s electronic newsletter, assuring that the executive director is establishing publication schedule, and writing or assigning others to write articles for the current issue.
- Provides articles or information to be included in newsletter.
- Oversees association’s website, assuring that it is kept current and fresh.
- Assists with soliciting advertisers for the newsletter and website.
- Responsible for planning the content of the convention.
- Working with executive director, establishes number of meeting rooms needed and blocks out time schedule.
- Works with Education Committee to arrange subject matter and speakers for educational sessions at convention.
- Assures that meeting schedule, with reasonable detail, is distributed to members at least 90 days in advance of the actual meeting.
- Establishes themes, if any, for meetings of the association, and any associated social events.
- Assists with soliciting vendors and sponsorships.
- Assists with recruiting attendees.
- Generates ideas for webinar topics and suggests possible presenters.
- Comes up with topics for regional seminars and secures speakers if needed.
- Works with Convention Committee to arrange subject matter and speakers for educational sessions at convention.
- Works with lobbyist (if applicable) to monitor legislative efforts for issues of concern to NCSSA membership.
- Communicates legislative challenges to NCSSA leadership.
- Educates legislators on issues which impact NCSSA membership.
- Oversees campaign for membership renewal including contacting non-renewed members.
- Plans and articulates efforts to recruit new members.
- Sends each new member a personal welcome note.
- Assures that new or renewing members receive appropriate thank you and welcome letter from NCSSA office.
- Generates ideas for membership luncheons, receptions or other membership events.
- Assures that the executive director generates monthly membership reports.